In partnership with Energous, this Evaluation Kit is specifically designed to demonstrate Wireless Power Transfer for battery-free IoT sensor applications.
This Wirelessly-Powered Sensor evaluation kit combines an Energous WattUp 1W PowerBridge with two Atmosic-based battery-free sensors and a mobile app to receive sensor data sent via Bluetooth LE 5.
The sensors support at-a-distance wireless power from the Energous source for applications like smart buildings, industrial IoT sensors, retail electronic displays, and more.
The WattUp 1W PowerBridge incorporates a high-efficiency power amplifier to source up to 1 watt of wireless power and also integrates Bluetooth LE 5 for communications and control.
The battery free sensors are built around Atmosic’s ATM3202 extreme low power Bluetooth LE 5 that incorporates on-chip RF Energy Harvesting with a dedicated antenna input. Data is collected from a temperature and humidity sensor as well as a 3-axis accelerometer and transmitted to the mobile application.
- The Kit’s sensors are designed around the Atmosic ATM3202 Extreme Low Power Bluetooth LE 5 SoC with Integrated RF Energy Harvesting
- Sensors provide Temperature, Humidity, and Acceleration information to a mobile application via Bluetooth LE 5. Sensor design information can be provided to support customization and integration of other sensor types
- Integrated multistage RF harvesting rectifier with MPPT (maximum power point tracking) algorithm maximizes harvesting performance over the input range
- Sensor consumes roughly 1/4 the power consumption of a typical Bluetooth LE beacon increasing the amount of functionality (sensor reads and reporting interval) for a given amount of power vs. other solutions
- Energy harvesting BLE module with integrated flash supports rapid customer development and device integration in a small form factor
- 1W WattUp PowerBridge Transmitter (1)
- Battery-Free IoT Sensors (2)
- Mobile Application to Monitor and Control Tx/Rx