At Atmosic, we are re-architecting wireless connectivity solutions from the ground up to radically reduce IoT device dependence on batteries. We aim to make batteries last forever and the Internet of Things battery free – thus breaking the power barrier to widespread IoT adoption.
As VP of Software Engineering, you will lead a global team of talented engineers who arededicated to delivering compelling solutions to help our customers build world-class products. You will bring exceptional technology and leadership expertise to develop our software team and to drive our mission. You will be providing strategic direction, driving innovation and fostering a collaborative and high-performance engineering culture.
- Lead a geographically distributed team of software engineers and technical managers, while providing coaching, mentorship and guidance for their development and growth.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define the software engineering strategy and priorities to achieve business objectives.
- Act as a liaison between software engineering teams and other departments, such as hardware engineering, product management, and sales.
- Develop a software development roadmap working with internal and external partners and customers
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment that promotes innovation, knowledge sharing, continuous improvement while balancing execution and delivery.
- Create a software architecture and team structure that enables leadership features with code stability without sacrificing agility.
- Establish and enforce engineering best practices, coding standards, and quality assurance processes to ensure consistent and high-quality software development
- Provide guidance on industry best practices in SDK/driver/App for IoT applications while staying up to date on emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Identify and engage with external partners, as needed, to help scalability of internal teams.
- Make strategic decisions for the software development process and infrastructure of firmware, development environment, and IoT applications.
- 15+ years of software experience on wireless connectivity (eg, Bluetooth, 15.4, WiFi) platforms
- In-depth knowledge of connectivity and embedded IoT applications preferred
- Proven experience of software development from concept to production for a semiconductor systems company preferred
- Experience of building a team in start-up semiconductor companies preferred
- Strong interpersonal and management skills to lead teams effectively and to work cross functionally well.
- Demonstrated in-depth skills in project management and resource prioritization and tracking.
- Proven record of balancing innovation and execution, with timely delivery of software releases
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, C/C++, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field, MS preferred
- The estimated salary range for this position is $230,000 to $290,000. At Atmosic, we strive to provide competitive and rewarding compensation based on experience and expertise, as well as market conditions, location, and pay equity. You will also be eligible for participating in our stock options and benefits plans.
- Campbell (Silicon Valley), California