Sr. SW Application Engineer
As part of Atmosic Application Engineering team, you will support ongoing customer projects as well as take on new engagements. You will provide technical expertise of software systems through sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation, and maintenance of company products. You would assist the sales team in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions. you will ensure that the application/solution is functioning according to specifications. In addition, you may provide software development and consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. You are a self-motivated enabler for our product/sales growth.
- Design and create software features/functionality for end products to enable ultra-low power wireless solutions for IoT applications.
- Review customer product requirements/specifications and develop features/functionality accordingly.
- Provide customer input to the design engineering team regarding modifications to Atmosic solutions.
- Develop & provide training to field engineers/customers.
- Provide direct technical support to customers: assist customers with any questions, issues, debugging, or troubleshooting regarding software systems and applications.
- Communicate essential technical information to be leveraged by sales/marking teams and support them to promote new products / develop demos.
- Perform root cause analyses on basic customer problems to identify underlying issues.
- Participate in integrating Atmosic software to customer requirements and support the development team with customizing Atmosic software to meet customer requirements.
- Participate in and represent customer perspectives in internal project meetings.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of debugging techniques for a specific work area (e.g., Wi-Fi, Bluetooth).
- Own a piece of a software module and test and recommend appropriate modifications and enhancements in light of customer needs to the appropriate party.
- Publish (e.g., writes, reviews, and edits) product technical documentation.
- Proficiency in embedded software development using C/C++
- Good understanding of microcontrollers (ARM) and real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Strong analytical skills, self-driven with a can-do attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent required, MS preferred
- Be flexible to travel to support customers (5~10%)
- 5+ years of software applications engineering, software development experience, or related work experiences.
- 3+ years of experience with debugging techniques in customer settings
- 3+ years of experience with Programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Proven experience in embedded software development for low power systems
- Demonstrated experience in Wireless protocols, such as Bluetooth, WiFi and SoC platform architectures
- 3 + years of experience of working:
- ARM architecture embedded device drivers/boot loaders
- Interfaces such as UART, SPI, I2C, QSPI
- Toolchains (GCC/ARM) / IDEs (IAR/Segger)
- The estimated salary range for this position is $115,000 to $165,000. At Atmosic, we strive to provide competitive and rewarding compensation based on experience and expertise, as well as market conditions, location, and pay equity. You will also be eligible for participating in our stock options and benefits plans.
- Campbell (Silicon Valley), California